The new owner plans to open restaurants gradually, in June – 50 out of 850.
- The first McDonald’s restaurant under the new brand will open in the center of Moscow near the Pushkinskaya metro station, an informed source told Forbes and another one in the Moscow government confirmed this. Earlier, a TASS source spoke about the opening on this date.
- The interlocutors of the publications did not specify what the new name of the brand would be.
- The new owner plans to open 50 outlets in June, a source in the restaurant market told Forbes. Grocery supplier McDonald’s has confirmed that there is an order to deliver goods to restaurants for June. According to him, there is an order for July for 30-50 outlets.
- McDonald’s closed all 850 restaurants in Russia after the “special operation” began on March 8. On May 16, the company announced that it would sell them, but the new owner would not be able to use the American brand.
- The network was bought by Alexander Govor, a franchisee of McDonald’s restaurants in Siberia. The parties did not disclose the amount of the transaction.
- On May 26, Sergei Sobyanin announced that the Moscow government would support the new owner of McDonald’s restaurants in Russia, while the chain would retain its usual menu and service.