At least 46 people were detained due to unrest at the Champions League final in France

French law enforcement officers detained 46 people for participating in riots at the Stade de France stadium and in the fan zone area before and during the UEFA Champions League final. This was announced on Sunday, May 28, by the BFM TV channel, citing sources in the police.

It is noted that the information about the arrests is preliminary.

A police source suggests that police made 46 arrests in Paris and Saint-Denis on Saturday evening in connection with incidents that ruined the evening of the Champions League final.

At the same time, the article states that about a hundred fans of both teams were injured as a result of the riots. Their injuries were minor, emergency services provided assistance on the spot.

As follows from a press release from the prefecture of police, the quick intervention of law enforcement officers made it possible to restore calm and evacuate violators outside the Stade de France stadium. No serious incidents were observed, the report emphasizes.

Earlier, the English football club Liverpool demanded an investigation into the riots. Representatives of Liverpool, in turn, called this match the main one in European football, and also stressed that fans should not experience the scenes they faced in the evening.

At the same time, the unrest did not affect the course of the game. Real Madrid won the UEFA Champions League by beating English Liverpool 1-0.

On May 28, it became known that the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), together with the police and authorities, will urgently consider the situation with the unrest around the Champions League final in the suburbs of Paris. Ahead of the game, the turnstiles were blocked by thousands of fans who bought fake tickets, according to the statement. This led to crowds of fans trying to get inside.

As the number of people outside the stadium continued to grow after the start of the game, the police dispersed them with tear gas and forced them to leave the stadium.

The match between Real Madrid and Liverpool at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis (France) had to be postponed by 37 minutes. The final match of the UEFA Champions League was originally supposed to start at 22:00 Moscow time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *